J.J. Conway Biography
John Joseph Conway – Principal Attorney and Founder
John Joseph Conway attended the University of Detroit Mercy Law school and earned his Doctor of Law, J.D., graduating early and finishing second in his class. He also has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism from the prestigious Marquette University and is a Member of the American Bar association, the Federal Bar association, the State Bar of Michigan, and the State Bar for Arizona.
He has been the principal attorney and owner of J.J. Conway Law since 1999.
J.J. is one of the top-rated Lawyers in his area of expertise. Operating out of Royal Oak, Michigan, he is a nationally recognized trial lawyer. He frequently receives client referrals from attorneys across the United States, which is a testament to the hard work he has put in on behalf of his many clients.
Mr. Conway and his law firm fight to ensure that your insurance companies and retirement plans always hold up their end of the agreement. J.J. and his team work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the benefits you have earned and those that you depend on. He helps his clients navigate the legal complexities of disability and retirement benefits with success, ensuring they get what they have worked hard to earn.
His passion for helping employees and their families resolve their benefits disputes was the driving force behind the decision to start his own law firm. By running his own firm, Mr. Conway can steer his practice in precisely the direction that he feels will help the most people. The result of this guidance has been highly successful, which is evident by the fact that the firm has now been serving its clients for over 20 years.
Below is a list of J.J.’s areas of expertise and the areas in which he is most passionate.
- ERISA Disability insurance claims
- Short and Long-term disability
- ERISA Life insurance Survivor benefit claims
- ERISA Pension and Employee Benefits Class action
- ERISA Provider Reimbursement Disputes
- Disability Insurance Contact Claims
- Over the past 20-plus years, J.J. has been able to recover an astonishing $65 million in benefits for the families and retirees he has represented, which included winning landmark class action lawsuits.
- J.J. was named to the Leaders in the Law Class of 2021 by the legal trade publication, Michigan Lawyers weekly.
- He was the first to successfully litigate a federal autism benefits healthcare action.
- J.J. has co-led multiple class action cases including counsel for 9,000 pension plan participants.
- J.J. has authored a top searched book called “Hitting You When You Least Expect It: A Basic Guide to ERISA for Non-ERISA Lawyers.”
- He co-authored “Michigan Basic Practice Handbook” with the Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
As shown by J.J.’s impeccable résumé, he can help you CONQUER TOMORROW. J.J. and his firm’s goal is to help you reach the top and overcome your legal challenges. If you would like J.J. and his team to help you, reach out to schedule a free consultation.
Please note that by contacting our office you understand that this communication is for informational purposes only. Any legal representation by our office requires a signed written agreement establishing a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you, again, for contacting us.